A convergence of advanced technologies
transforms the world of remote sensing
The Orion 700 captures radiometric sequence recordings while performing precision low-altitude flights. Designed to maximize flight control and operate a fully integrated FLIR A65 radiometric thermal camera.
“If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.”
~ Lord Kelvin
This unique combination of a programmable flight plan Multi-rotor UAV with a small, fully radiometric thermal camera is revolutionary for many markets.
For the past two decades, aerial thermography has been used to locate energy loss, pollution and structural damage, from high altitude flights flown by full size aircraft. For the past few years UAS have captured a simple video feed from basic infrared cores. Today, the ORION, an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS), now captures radiometric sequence recordings while performing precision low-altitude flights. Flown remotely, the ORION records and stores radiometric data onboard allowing a quantitative post-flight analysis of the infrared data.
Accessibility to the raw thermal data, with exceptional resolution, saves time and greatly reduces organizational costs. This system improves analysis for a wide scope of scientific and industrial applications such as: inspection of buildings, solar panels, wildlife filming, and water run-off analysis.
The ORION advances aerial thermography from capturing simple images, to providing the thermographer with the ability to measure the exact temperature for each pixel in the thermal image.
ORION 700 was developed with the collaboration from FLIR Canada, global leader in the design and manufacturing of thermal imaging infrared cameras. The FLIR A65 camera has been chosen by Infinite Jib™ Inc. to be the primary payload of the ORION 700 flight system.
The Orion 700 Flight System includes:
- FLIR A65 640 x 512 Camera
- FLIR’s industry leading software FLIR Tools +
- On-Board Windows 7 Pro Dual Core i7 1.8Ghz with 480Gb of Storage 16Gb Ram
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-30
- High speed Data Link between the ORION and the Ground Station
- Remote Control of the on-board PC and any software running on the airborne PC
- Redundant in-flight safety read outs of voltage and telemetry data
- Programmable parameters restrict flight plan for safety or regulatory compliance
- Control flight operations transmitted either through the systems’ iPad or RC Radio
- Flight control functions include: Waypoint Programming, Manual Control, Return to Home, Auto Take-off and Landing, Position Hold
- Additional on-board camera to provide the Operator a secondary point of view while in-flight with the thermal camera
- LDC monitor mounted on Tripod displays live video from the craft
- Flight simulation training software
- Rapid GPS acquisition for advanced and accurate route planning
- Robust power system of battery packs, dual charger and AC/DC power converter
- Utilizing a unique boom design, the complete system swiftly packs down into its’ custom transport case. When ready to work, the system deploys just as efficiently
The ORION 700 is an innovative airborne platform that opens new opportunities for the potential of remote sensing.
“Infinite Jib has created a professional aerial thermographic imaging system that is light years ahead of systems that require piloted flight and can only stream dead video to a ground station.”
~ Rob Milner, Automation Manager at
FLIR Systems Ltd.
All Infinite Jib™ UAVs are constructed by technicians with hundreds of RC builds and many years of RC experience. All crafts are flight-tested and fine-tuned by our Test Pilots before leaving our shop. Further, the crafts undergo a complete evaluation of all fight systems.
|Flight||Wind Resistance:||Maximum estimated wind gusts between
25 – 35 mph (40 – 60 km/h)
|Take-off Weight:||17.6 lb (8.0 kg)|
|Maximum Speed:||31 mph (50 km/h)|
|Flight Time:||Estimated 20 minutes|
|Operating Temperature:||23° to 104° F (-5° to 40° C)|
|Boom & Case||Folding Booms:||Reduces its size for transportation.|
|High Visibility:||Red markings help identify the crafts orientation while in flight.|
|Flight Case:||The Orion packs down with all of your field components into a single flight case.|
|Motors||Motor Qty:||6 Motors|
|Boom Configuration:||Y6 configuration with trailing single boom|
|Motot Configuration:||Coaxial design with two motors per boom|
|Dimensions||System Height:||20 in (50 cm)|
|System Length:||43 in (109.2 cm)|
|System Width:||48 in (121.9 cm)|
|Propeller Diameter:||17 in (43.2 cm)|
|Propeller Fixed Pitch:||5.8 in (14.7 cm)|
|Propeller Construction:||Carbon Fiber|